Animation profile similar to Smart Countdown 3 version. Compatible with Smart Countdown 2.5 only!
Smart Countdown module versions 2.2 and later support event import plugins. These plugins connect the module to popular event management components and services thus making site administrator's life much easier - she doesn't have to manually update event deadlines in module configuration each time a current event is in past. Event import plugins pull events from external applications to a sort of events queue (timeline) and switch module counter to the next event automatically, every time current event is over.
However there are cases when a simple event recurrence can completely describe the desired bahavior of your countdown. Of course it is possible to implement a recurrence using an external application, e.g. JEvents and then connect it to the module via JEvents Bridge plugin, but this method requires unnescesary effort - extra component installation and configuration, etc.
Recurring Events for Joomla 3 plugin was designed for these cases. It doesn't depend on external applications and requires minimum configuration. As all other event import plugins it adds a new pane to Smart Countdown module configuration view (see screenshot).
"Enabled Pattern(s)" setting allows you to disable the plugin ("None"), use one of the patterns or merge both patterns into a single timeline. The screenshots below show configurations used in the sample above: merging patterns is especially useful for weekly events when workdays and weekends events have different start times/durations.
Another sample - countdown to 12:00 (CET) last Sunday of each month:
Five recurrence types are implemented:
- Daily - event repeats every day on a given time.
- Weekly - event repeats one or more days of a week on a given time. Unchcking all days will disable the pattern, checking all days will have the same effect as daily pattern.
- Monthly - event repeats on the date selected every month on a given time. Feel free to select dates greater than 28. Although not all months will contain the date selected, the date will be implicitly converted to the last day of month in such cases. Selecting "31" as the date for monthly recurrence will result in event repeating on the last day of each month.
- Monthly by week and day - event repeats on a selected day of selected week, e.g. "first monday", "third monday", "last friday" etc. of each month.
- Yearly - event repeats on the date selected on a given time. Date selection already implements basic validation, i.e. you will not be able to select JUNE 31. However FEB 29 is available and will have the following meaning: repeat event every year, for leap years - on FEB 29, for the rest of years - on FEB 28 (selecting FEB 28 will result in a repeat on FEB 28 for all years).
Event title (optional) - will be displayed along with the event text configured in "text" fields on module "Basic Settings" pane. You can choose whether to prepend or append the title to the generic text from basic settings. If "Show Title" is set to "No", only generic text will be displayed.
Event duration - all events for the given pattern will have the same duration. In counter "Auto" mode a count up from event start will be displayed during an event. Non-zero event duration is required for "Countdown to event end **" mode. "Countdown to event end" mode is supported in Smart Countdown 2.5 and later, it is recommended that you update the module (download link is located at the top of this page).
Installation and Configuration
Recurring Events plugin installation procedure is the same as for all other Joomla extensions - normally you will install it using "Extension manager". The plugin must be enabled after installation. Plugin itself doesn't require configuration, like all other event import plugins for Smart Countdown, it adds a new pane to Smart Countdown settings view - "Recurring Events". All options are then configured using controls on this pane. If you have more that one instance of Smart Countdown module, each instance can have individual import settings and/or enable/disable recurring events which will not affect other Smart Countdown instances.
Recurring Events plugin is not compatible with Joomla 2.5. Recurring Events plugin is not compatible with Smart Countdown 3, for Smart Countdown 3 version see this page.
Purchase Recurring Events for Smart Countdown 2 - €3.99